Manchester City Transfer News: Latest Rumours on Fred and Jean Michael Seri

Manchester City Transfer News: Latest Rumours on Fred and Jean Michael Seri

Manchester City Transfer News: Latest Rumours on Fred and Jean Michael Seri

Manchester United are considering making a bid to sign Brazil international Fred from Shakhtar Donetsk this month, according to reports in the British media.

However, City boss Pep Guardiola has moved quickly, with the Manchester Evening News reporting they have tabled an opening offer.

City manager Pep Guardiola reportedly views Fred as "a long-term successor for Fernandinho".

Jose Mourinho is desperate to add to his squad for the last part of the season as United look to try and catch league leaders Manchester City. Everything is going their way, they are scoring many times in the last minute - this is credit to them obviously because they keep pushing.

Fernandinho is one of City's most important players, as he does such a good job at the base of midfield. About whether in the agreement the amount of compensation is unknown.

The pursuit of Fred makes sense as a result, as he shares many of the same traits as his compatriot.

The middle of the park has become a problem for Mourinho with injuries to Marouane Fellaini, Michael Carrick and Paul Pogba hampering their season.

The M.E.N claim that the Cityzens have told Shakhtar that they are willing to pay £45million for the player.

The 21-year-old had been an option for Barcelona after helping Gremio to Copa Libertadores glory in 2017, even posing in the club's iconic shirt after meeting sporting director Robert Fernandez.

City are not looking to sign the defensive midfielder in January, but are looking to secure a deal in time for him to move in the summer transfer window.

At 24, Fred is eight years younger than Fernandinho, who also enjoyed a spell at Shakhtar before moving to Manchester in 2013.

If he were to arrive, Seri would have competition from the likes of David Silva, Kevin De Bruyne and llkay Gundogan, as the Nice star is not a natural holding player.

Arsene Wenger is said to have identified Malcom as the man he wants to replace Sanchez, with the Gunners boss saying on Friday that the Chilean would only be allowed to leave if a replacement is signed.

Recommended News

We are pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news.
Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper.
Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.